Department of Production Engineering
(Under School of Engineering)
Name of Dean : Prof.(Dr.)Tarun Kanti Jana
Name of HOD : Prof. (Dr.)Bikash Bepari
The Department of Production Engineering was introduced in the year 2001 to offer quality education in proper outlook to achieve diversified requirements in the field of Production and Industrial Engineering Education, Research and Profession.
Production Engineering is unambiguously concerned with the optimal usage of man, machine, material, money and management to ascertain the productivity of system or service. Being germinated from mechanical engineering, it has established itself as an autonomous discipline to endow the managerial skills to the mechanical substrate. The prima facie objective of the Department is to impart and inculcate quality education to primary stakeholders so that they become competent enough to sustain in the global competitiveness.
The Department enjoys long standing relationships with industry, academia, and research organizations of national importance to pursue teaching, training and research schema. Moreover the Alumni of Production Engineering Department has proven themselves as Professionals of pizzazz for which we certainly request you to visit the Alumni Column of the Departmental Web Page.
|B. Tech in Production Engineering Under West Bengal University of Technology|
|60 seats +5% TFW+20% Lateral Entrants|
The prima-facie mission of the Department of Production Engineering is to produce excellent human resources poised with value and ethics with competence to fortify the societal needs by conglomerating the essence of applied sciences, engineering deftness and managerial skills.
To instill the capability and sense to the students to contemplate with unique perspective to solve problems in pragmatic and innovative manner.
To emphasize on areas such as professional and managerial skills, constant learning and contemporary issues to complement the technical aspects of the engineering course.To ensure combination of engineering and complementary course works in the curriculum so that Production Engineering graduates are well-formed, able to work effectively in team settings and able to adapt different work environments.
To cultivate research work to get acquainted with the trends, advances and developments to have competitive edge over other.
To establish the department as frontiers by offering quality education in proper perspective to accomplish diversified necessities in the field of Production Engineering Education, Research and Profession.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO 1: To educate and groom the students with strong understanding and knowledge of mathematics, basic sciences and engineering blended with contemporary skills in the areas of Production Engineering and its allied fields.
PEO 2: To equip the students for successful professional careers in Production Engineering domain of private and government enterprises and to prepare for PG studies and or undertake research in production and industrial engineering and areas akin to it.
PEO 3: To make the students aware of the societal aspects of engineering profession, values of ethical practices in profession, and the importance of team work to function coherently and effectively in multi-disciplinary framework.
Program Outcomes (PO)
1. Engineering knowledge: apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and specialized knowledge (Programme Specific) to the solution of complex Production Engineering problems (The areas covering basic thermal and fluid science, Design and dynamics, Production Technology and Production, Industrial, Financial and Quality management).
2. Problem analysis: identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze Production Engineering problems to arrive at substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: design solutions for complex Production Engineering problems and design system components, processes to meet specifications with consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex Production engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively with the engineering community and with society at large. Be able to comprehend and write effective reports documentation. Make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team. Manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life- long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes_PE
PSO 1: The incumbent should have the responsibility of optimum design, development and implement of solutions in the milieu of engineering management strategies, tools and software aids.
PSO 2: The incumbent should have the responsibility of optimum design, development and implement of solutions in the milieu of engineering management strategies, tools and software aids.
PEO 3: The incumbent should be capable to uphold their existence by qualifying national level competitive examinations for further studies and augmented employment having instilled communication skills.