Electronics & Communications Engineering Home
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
(Under the School of Electronics, Computer Science and Informatics)
Name of the Dean : Prof.(Dr.)Debasis Giri
|Head of The Department||Dr. Jaydeb Bhaumik
|Phone:||+91 3224 252900 Ext.229|
|B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engg.||120||4 Years|
|M.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engg. (Specialization in Micro Electronics & VLSI Design)||36||2 Years|
To produce dynamic human resources of global standards by imparting quality teaching, carrying out research and technology development in the emerging areas of Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- To produce electronics and communication engineers having strong theoretical foundation, good design experience and exposure to research and technology development in frontier areas of electronics and communication engineering.
- To create competent professionals who can work as an individual or in a group with effective communication and leadership skills meeting the requirements of multi-cultural global environments.
- To help the student becomes a successful and responsible engineer for the betterment of mankind by inculcating social and ethical values in professional engineering programme.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- PEO-1: To equip graduates with a strong foundation in engineering sciences and Electronics & Communication Engineering fundamentals to become effective collaborators, researchers and real-time problem solver with technical competencies.
- PEO-2: To provide exposure to emerging technologies, adequate training and opportunities to work as teams on multi-disciplinary projects with effective communication skills and leadership qualities meeting the requirements of companies in India and abroad.
- PEO-3: To prepare graduates to become successful and responsible engineer with social and ethical values in professional engineering practices.